The best creative works can be difficult to come across, especially when the author’s motivation does not include having the largest audience or biggest share of the market.
This is a page for those creative works.
well-written, insightful, underappreciated.
- Frank Chimero
- Micropreneur Life
- Miris Whispers
- Proper Fixation
which all meet one criteria: they flipped my perspective on something.
- Cool URIs don’t change
- Default to tabs instead of spaces for an ‘accessible first’ environment
- Productivity advice
- Why I’m Glad I Lack Passion to BE a Programmer
- Why I’m unreachable and maybe you should be too
- “Write short sentences” is bad advice
- You don’t need to work on hard problems
- PHP: a fractal of bad design
- Rewriting the Technical Interview
- The Hiring Post
- The infinite-pixel screen
about making and marketing.
- Above Board
- Developer Tea
- Full Stack Radio
- Product Journey
- Software Engineering Daily
- The Art of Product
matters because it helps conserve the most valuable resource you have as a writer—reader attention.
Programming & human language
- Breaking Our Latin-1 Assumptions
- Dark corners of Unicode
- Let’s Stop Ascribing Meaning to Code Points
- Project Fluent
- Stop Running in Circles and Ship Work that Matters
- How Big Tech Runs Tech Projects and the Curious Absence of Scrum
with a common theme.
staying small, staying curious.
Want to see more?
For a more frequently updated curation of content like this, check out my Are.na.
If you just want code, my GitHub stars are for fonts, programming languages, and tools that I can’t live without.